This week’s list of gigs is “more rock, less
talk goofy memes”… Sorry, but the latest round of news makes it harder to be all fun and games.
- Kitchen Dwellers and Neighbor play RiversEDGE in Hamilton
- Smashing Pumpkins do an outdoor gig at the Ovation in Newport
- Comedian Tom Segura kicks off a two-night stand at the Aronoff
- Ben Levin plays Big Ash Brewing
- Local bluesperson Erin Coburn plays a free gig on Fountain Square
- Last but certainly not least, America’s AC/DC tribute, Thunderstruck, plays the Event Center at Little Miami Brewing in Milford
I’m thinking of starting a band that plays country versions of New York Dolls and Heartbreakers songs and calling it “Thunder’s Truck”…
- Ray Lamontagne and Sierra Ferrell at the Brady
- Ben Levin plays at an outdoor gig at Miami Whitewater Park from 7-9 p.m.
- Kentucky Struts at Southgate
- Veronica Grim, Alex Salcido (of The Harmed Brothers) and Hayden Kaye play Fountain Square
The rescheduled Haim show happens at the Marsha, Jan, and Cindy Brady on Sunday.
That same evening, Jeremy Pinnell, Wonky Tonk and Dead Man String Band are doing a free show on Fountain Square.
On Tuesday, New Found Glory plays Bogart’s, and the Woodward Theater will be screening Freakscene: The Story of Dinosaur Jr.
Bright Eyes and Alex G play the Greg Brady on Wednesday, June 1st, and Ben Levin plays Ghost Baby.
- Darrell Scott plays Memorial Hall with Ben Sollee as the opener
- Joslyn & the Sweet Compression play Washington Park as part of their freebie Roots Revival Series (full list of shows is here)
- Erin Coburn is “Rocking the Roebling” on the Schmidlapp Event Lawn by the Christian Moerlein Lager House in Smale Park
- Marcy Playground swings (get it?) into Ludlow Garage
Next Friday, June 3rd, Inhailer Radio celebrates their 5th anniversary with a big gig at Madison Live:
Other gigs that same evening:
- Mad Anthony returns to the Southgate House stage, in the Lounge
- Clownvis Presley and Jimmy Psycho play Southgate’s main room
- Lagniappe plays a free show at scenic Stanbery Park in even more scenic Mt. Washington
- Ben Levin plays Wiedemann’s Brewing
- The Hard Rock Casino becomes the Hair Rock Casino with Skid Row, Warrant and Winger upping the Aqua Net ante. (No ripped acid-washed jeans, no entry….)
Next Saturday, June 4th, the Sawyer Point Summer Concert Series kicks off with a real hootenanny:
The Southgate House has a quadruple bill of local/regional bands: Bohemian Funk, Trippin’ Roots, The Electric Indigo, and Dead Humor.
Oh, and Mother Nature will revoke my tree-hugger card if I don’t mention Cincy VegFest at Burnet Woods (11 am-6pm)… yoga, plant-based food demos, and live music with headliner Wonky Tonk.
List member/Cereal Killers guitarist/This Week in Live Music neighbor Matt weighs in on The Who’s gig:
List member/neighbor Barb loved Tears for Fears at Riverbend:
And my co-worker Bob, a.k.a. DJ Bob, who worked at Cooter’s decades ago, had this to say:
Freebie Outdoor Shows this summer
I’ll try to mention some notable gigs in my weekly list, but Cincinnati.com has a comprehensive list here.