Greetings and sun salutations!
Let’s get down to the gigs, Dawg!
Tonight, Inhailer Radio celebrates their 5th anniversary at Madison Live:
- Mad Anthony returns to the Southgate House stage, in the Lounge
- Clownvis Presley and Jimmy Psycho play Southgate’s main room
- Lagniappe plays a free show at scenic Stanbery Park in even more scenic Mt. Washington
- Ben Levin plays Wiedemann’s Brewing
- The Hard Rock Casino has “Big Hair Friday” with Skid Row, Warrant and Winger
Saturday features the Sawyer Point Summer Concert Series kickoff concert:
The Southgate House has a quadruple bill of local/regional bands: Bohemian Funk, Trippin’ Roots, The Electric Indigo, and Dead Humor.
Pup and Oceanator play Bogart’s on Sunday.
And Ben Levin plays Schwartz’s Point.
On Tuesday, Kate Bollinger is at MOTR Pub, and the Lumineers play Riverbend…
Uh, that’s Lumineers, not Lumiere… but R.I.P. Jerry Orbach! The Lumineers latest album is quite good, and the opener is Caamp – that’s a strong double bill. Speaking of Camp, this one is sold out:
Wednesday is chock full o’ tunes:
- Nick Lowe’s Quality Rock & Roll Revue starring Los Straitjackets, with Tommy McLain + CC Adcock is at Memorial Hall
- Flogging Molly and The Interrupters play an outdoor gig at the Bobby Brady
- The Band Camino rolls into Ovation
- Jill Andrews plays Southgate’s main room
- Bob Log III is in the Southgate Revival Room – his stage getup (and setup) are interesting:
- Billy Bob Thornton and the Boxmasters play Ludlow Garage. Remember when Billy Bob teamed up with Dwight Yoakam, Vic Chestnutt, Col. Bruch Hampton, Ian Moore, and Mickey Jones? That was fun!
- Kristin Hersh and Fred Abong (miss you, Throwing Muses!) play MOTR. Show’s at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20.
- Flying Buffaloes and Red Clay Strays play RiversEDGE in Hamilton
- Whiskey Bent Valley Boys do the Roots Revival Series at Washington Park
- Ben Levin plays the rooftop bar at The Phelps
- Chris Rock opens up a two-night stand at the Taft. They added a second show after “the slap heard ’round the world” — now Chris can afford a nicer meal:
Next Friday, June 10th, the Ben Levin 3 plays the Southgate Lounge, Motion City Soundtrack is at Bogart’s, and We Are Scientists headline the Fountain Square freebie.
Video of the Week
Buzz band Wet Leg gets the parody treatment with this send-up of “Chaise Longue”:
Album Cover of the Week
Vic Damone never could find a steady girlfriend… probably because he often wore a monogrammed shirt.