Some folks like to trick you with nasty Halloween candy:
But I’m going to treat you to two weeks’ worth of concerts, which will take us right up to the eve of All Hallows Eve.
It’s OK, Charlie Brown, we all gotta rock.
On Monday, JD Pinkus (of Butthole Surfers and the Melvins) plays Southgate House.
Local H is at Top Cats on Tuesday.
On Wednesday, Madeleine Peyroux and Paula Cole play Memorial Hall and Illuminati Hotties play Top Cats.
- Freedy Johnston is at Southgate
- Jeff Beck rocks the Greg Brady
- The Cadillac Three play Bogart’s
- Baby Jake is at Top Cats
- Bumpin Uglies are at Madison Live
The shows this Friday really run the gig gamut:
- Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives play Memorial Hall (I’ll be at that show)
- Joslyn & the Sweet Compression are at Madison Live
- John McEuen (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band… also part of the backing band for Steve Martin’s “King Tut”) and the Circle Band play Ludlow Garage
- GWAR (the band that thinks every day is Halloween) plays Bogart’s
Saturday’s a busy day for live music as well:
- The Redemptioners will be at Neltner’s Farm Fall Fest in the afternoon
- The Record Company is at Madison Theater
- Gogol Bordello plays Bogart’s
- Joe Satriani is at Taft
- Acoustic Alchemy plays Ludlow Garage
- Ramble On Bros (Grateful Dead tunes) play Carriage House Farm
Next Monday (10/24), Judas Priest and Queensryche play the Mike Brady.
American Authors play Madison Live on Tuesday, 10/25. Our favorite American author is Franklin W. Dixon.
On Wednesday, 10/26, Corb Lund is at Southgate, and Michael Martin Murphey is at Ludlow Garage. Ol’ 3M can no longer play the west coast because “Wildfire” is a dirty word out there. However, he did compose the state ballad of New Mexico, “Land of Enchantment.”
Next Thursday, 10/27, features some fun band names on the bill:
- Puddles Pity Party and Piff the Magic Dragon play Taft
- Squirrel Nut Zippers play Ludlow Garage
Next Friday, 10/28, I get a real treat: Chuck Cleaver and Lisa Walker of Wussy play my house!
List members Ken Laube, Dr. David Reid, Dave Roberto, Jay Stowe and Matt Fellerhoff will be in the house too.
Next Saturday, 10/29:
- The Lone Bellow plays Memorial Hall
- EXTC is at Ludlow Garage
- Paul Anka plays the Hard Rock Casino… talk about an oxymoron!
- Jordan Smart is at Neltner’s Farm
- Michael Schenker plays Bogart’s
- The Newbees and Bad Ass Brass host the Flower Power Ball, a benefit for Shriner’s Hospital.
- Dropkick Murphys play the Cindy Brady
On Sunday, October 30, Randy Steffen and The Poor Hours wrap up the Neltner’s Farm Fall Fest.
Guided by non-sucky Voices
A fun interview with Robert Pollard is here in the Sydney Morning Herald. And I totally agree with him about Sting: